Your toothbrush plays a key role in your oral health. If the instrument is not taken care of, your teeth will not receive the proper care they need. Thankfully, caring for your toothbrush is easy. Here are some basic guidelines to follow:
– Swap out your old toothbrush for a new one out every 3-4 months. If you have gum disease, do it every four to six weeks.
– Choose a brush with soft bristles; harder bristles are much more likely to scratch your tooth enamel.
– Talk to Dr. J Andrew Carletti about the best toothbrushes on the market, or look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance to ensure the product has been proven safe and effective.
– To prevent contamination and festering bacteria, store your toothbrush upright in an open location free from other toothbrushes—like a cup or a toothbrush holder by itself. Never share your toothbrush with others.
– Always use a brush that can effortlessly fit into your mouth and reach all areas within.
– Store your toothbrush upright in a well-ventilated area. If it must be stored in a sealed container on long vacations, do so only for limited amounts of time to avoid the growth of bacteria.
For more tooth brushing help from our team at Carletti Dentistry and Associates, come visit us. Please schedule an appointment to at our dentist office in Sapulpa, Oklahoma. We can be reached at 918-224-0369. We are excited to serve you and your smile!