Flossing should not be ignored in our oral hygiene routine. Unfortunately, many people overlook flossing every day, which can lead to severe problems such as cavities and gum disease. Plaque and bacteria that have been wedged between the teeth or along the gumline can seep into your gums. That is why flossing each day is essential to a healthy smile.
Our dentists at Carletti Dentistry and Associates in Sapulpa, Oklahoma, encourage everyone to floss daily in order to keep their teeth and gums healthy and clean. Flossing can help your teeth.
To help you understand more about the importance of flossing, here is a list of information for you:
- You should floss every single day. A standard flossing day should last about 2 minutes.
- Single filament thread is shred-resistant whereas multifilament thread can tear while in use.
- To help floss more comfortable, switch to water flossers.
- If you wish to avoid contamination, use long pieces of thread that you can move up and down on to clean between every tooth in your mouth.
- Never use the same piece of the thread more than once, as it can cause contamination.
- A combination of brushing and flossing every day is essential for keeping your smile safe from plaque buildup and debris.
If you implant flossing every day in your life and your oral health will thank you. If you think it’s time for a dental checkup, or if you have a cavity that needs repaired, please call us today at 918-224-0369 to make an appointment. Our dental team is always happy to help you.